Monday, March 1, 2010

Praying For You - The Katinas


Oh, praying for each other is so important.

And I apologize to you. I am guilty of not praying enough for all of you. Usually it ends up being "help me" prayers..... help Blake feel better, help us with our finances, help our car to keep working, help my bad attitude.....

.... me.... me.... me....

I must think it's all about me (or is it about YOU, Blake? hahaha)

It's just something that I need to remind myself of more often.... not only being more thankful for what I already have.... but for being mindful of others and the trials that THEY are going through.

We're all hurting or going through a rough time. Most people, I've discovered, don't let anyone else know the trial(s) they're experiencing.... they keep it quiet. Sometimes, we can't share the details because it hurts someone else. That makes it even harder, leaving people wondering what's really going on.

But the Lord knows what's going on. HE knows the details. But he calls us to be intercessors. He wants us to lift up others in prayer before Him.

Yesterday in church we watched a video by The Katinas. The first thing that got my attention was the magnificent harmonies; but as I listened, and then played the video again today, I realized how we need to be praying for each other.

Last week I spoke to a friend (some guy I found in a ditch [wink, wink, Johnny K.]) and he mentioned that we should "do an experiment" and pray for each other in a certain area of our lives. I was so excited about that!.... making a determined effort to lift up a friend before the Lord.

Will you do that, friends? Will you choose someone, or a situation, to pray about? Maybe it's a friend; maybe it's a situation (like Haiti or Chile's recent disasters); maybe it's someone in your church...... pick SOMETHING and commit to pray.

After all, we are directed to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Shouldn't we be at least making the effort?

[Not pointing fingers, folks.... I'm preachin' to myself here.....]

Watch the video and make a decisive effort to reach out in prayer.

Praying for you. XO




No comments: