Monday, November 8, 2010

Rippin' Up The Keyboard


Last post I mentioned that I was gonna tell you something I've been up to lately.

So.........

you might be interested to know that I've decided to take up piano lessons again!

I haven't taken lessons since back around 1979 or so.

I had thought about taking guitar or mandolin lessons, but Blake decided to take these two instruments, along with his fiddle, to college in New Brunswick. So I had to scrap that idea.

Then an opportunity was put before me to take piano lessons from the multi-talented Tony Silvestri.

And, I am thrilled to tell you that I started lessons last month.

I first met Tony a number of years ago at The Milford Fair. My boys were performing with their fiddles and then Tony came on stage with his piano and blew me away with his talent at such a young age!

I've watched Tony perform over the years, and he continues to fascinate me. He and Sebastian Sallans performed together with Fiddlers Found a couple of summers ago in an old schoolhouse, unrehearsed, and it was a great show.

I'm thankful for this opportunity to learn from one of the best pianists I've ever heard. I wanted to show you a video that I watched this week of Tony. Now, I'm fully aware that I won't be rippin' up the keyboard like THIS anytime soon; but it gives you a taste of the talent that this young man has!

Enjoy!

[Before pressing PLAY, please scroll to the bottom of this page and PAUSE the blog music!]



Tony Silvestri's Crazy Piano Video

Fascinating, eh???

No comments: