Monday, October 4, 2010

Grandma's Pie Secret


With our celebrations of Thanksgiving here in Canada this coming weekend, I wanted to share something with you regarding Grandma's pie secret.

This really is confidential, so please keep it hush-hush.






In case the print comes up too small for you to read, here's what it says:
'
'
'
Grannie made such beautiful pies. One day I asked her, "How do you get such beautiful pies with the crimps around the edge so even?"
"It's a family secret," she said, "so promise not to tell. I roll out the dough, then cut a bottom layer and carefully put it in the pie plate. Then I slowly pour the filling, making sure it's not too full. Next I cut a top layer and put it over the filling. Finally I take out my teeth and just run them around the edge of the pie crust and they make the nicest even impressions you ever did see."
'
'
'
So, folks.... enjoy your Thanksgiving pie!
'
'
'
And remember..... Shhhhhhhh!
'
'

No comments: