Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nine Days? REALLY???


Just what in tarnations is my problem?


NINE DAYS since my last post???


Can anyone tell me where this week went to?


I know that part of the problem is the head cold I've been suffering with. Jon passed it on to me, and as of Monday Jared has acquired it. There are a LOT of ill people right now, including many of the students at school.


Jared said that his school is full of kids not feeling well. I am hoping that is not the case with Blake in New Brunswick! That boy does NOT need any more illness, for sure!


I thought perhaps with school starting, I might have some extra time and find myself developing "a new routine". But nay-nay. That is not happening.


With the beginning of school also comes a bag of other things.... school sports, such as soccer, which Jared is currently in. After soccer he starts basketball. Then this Sunday is the formations in House League Hockey. So in a couple of weeks, we'll be in the cold arena with our hands wrapped around some nice hot cups of coffee or hot chocolate.


Then add Youth Groups to the mix. Youth Group at our church begins this Friday. Jared is also attending a Youth Group that meets Tuesday nights in Bloomfield.


Add some events that I, myself, am involved in. I am singing at The Shed in Milford this Sunday with The Shirt Tail Cuz'ns. It's a local annual fundraiser, and I am always pleased as punch to be included. I will be singing "The Log Driver's Waltz" as well as a song by The Isaacs called, "There's a Little Bit of Heaven".


On October 16th, I'm also singing with a group of 20+ women at another fundraiser. We had our first rehearsal on Sunday and the harmonies were divine! Trinity is emceeing the evening, and I'm excited to participate with such a talented trio. I will likely be singing two songs by The Isaacs: "There's a Little Bit of Heaven" as well as "If That Don't Make Ya Wanna Go". It's hard to know exactly what to sing, but both of these songs are quite peppy, so I'm sure they'll be crowd pleasers.


I'm sure I've mentioned in a previous post that our government has FINALLY given approval for Blake to receive the extremely expensive medication he needs for his Crohn's Disease. He also is authorized to receive the meds in New Brunswick, as long as the medication is shipped from Ontario. We are thrilled with this long-awaited positive news. I have already spoken with our Remicade Co-ordinator in New Brunswick, and she and Blake have set the date for October 26th. She is very accommodating in trying to work with Blake's school schedule. Between her and our Remicade Co-ordinator in Ontario, I don't think I've met two nicer ladies. They certainly make a difficult situation easier to bear. Hats off to you, Krista & Simona!


Blake's studies are proving to be jam-packed. He finds the work fairly easy; however, the amount of books he needs to read is time consuming. He also must fit in eight hours per week at the library. The food that is served at the school is NOT to Blake's benefit. He said it actually makes him feel terrible, and we cannot risk him getting ill; so he is making his own breakfasts and suppers. He has purchased the food program that allows him to choose one meal per day from the cafeteria (either lunch or supper). He will feel better with consuming his own prepared meals, but will likely take advantage of getting one meal per day from the cafeteria, especially if he has a heavy-scheduled day. This is, unfortunately, time consuming for him to cook his own meals with an already busy schedule, but he's been utilizing a slow-cooker that Grandma Fraser bought for him, so hopefully once he gets his routine down, things will hopefully flow along at a good pace.


His health seems to be pretty good aside from busyness; but please keep him in your prayers. He can still be prone to flare-ups even on the Remicade. We are also in the process of getting him a family doctor in Sussex as well as a Gastroenterologist in Saint John. These two doctors both have excellent reviews, so I'm excited to get Blake under their care. Blake will continue to keep his current Gastroenterologist in Kingston. The doctors will work as a team (which thrills me!). We are thankful for the Lord's mercy extended to Blake through this battle, so I'm confident God will continue to keep him under the shelter of His wing.


Jake is still busy working at the landscaping business in Georgetown. Because the weather conditions limit his employer's ability to do landscaping through the winter, Jake has decided he might like to go trucking with his Dad for the winter. I am OK with that as long as Jake promises me that trucking doesn't become his full-time career! haha. It will be good for Jon to have Jake travel with him. They'll be chums! [hahaha.... that's referencing our late Nanny Saunders' comment from many years ago!]


I miss Jake being home. Even though we lock horns sometimes, I still miss him. It will be nice to know he's with Jon and that I'll get a chance to see him a little more often through the winter months.


Jon is, of course, busy in the trucking department. Things are picking up again in the economy.... it's always a bit slow in August and early September, but by the end of September, things get rockin' for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can't believe another year has almost passed by. If it keeps going this fast in the future, there'll be no time at all for anything!


I am pleased to see Jon feeling healthier and happier. We have learned a lot over the last few years..... we've learned how fragile life can be; we've learned how much we appreciate and love one another; we've learned how precious our marriage is, and how precious our boys are to us; we've learned that a few people are hurtful, but we've also learned that some people are the kindest, most compassionate folks you'll ever meet; we've learned that everyone sooner or later faces a battle; and we've learned that God has a plan for each of us. And I know that the trials we experience happen for a reason. Though I'm not necessarily sure of the reasons, I know down the road that the experience will prove to be beneficial, for me or for someone else. That's reassuring.


And now the time has come that I must get ready for Jared's soccer game. I hope the above brings you up to date with the Found household. Once again I promise to try and keep things updated a little more regularly. I am extremely excited that a new Bible Study series begins this Friday morning at our church, so I'll likely be sharing with you as I go through those lessons. It's another study by Beth Moore, so I'm quite excited to get the ball rolling.


Until next time, folks, remember where your help comes from --- your help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.


God bless.


Here's a pic of me with the boys back in August 2010. Jon was on the road; that's why he's not in the photo... we didn't kick him out or anything like that. haha.

No comments: