Wednesday, November 18, 2009

$4,335.75 - Blake's Health Update 2009/11/18

And THAT, my dear friends, is the cost of ONE dose of Remicade.

$4,335.75

Canadian Dollars.....

Four thousand-.....

three hundred-.....

thirty-five dollars-.....

and seventy-five cents.....


I'm not sure WHO didn't study math in school but the original figures given to me sure don't add up to THAT.

I was told it was approximately $18,000 a year. I was told he would ultimately end up getting an infusion approximately every eight weeks. That's about every two months. So six infusions goes into $18,000 at a cost of $3,000 per infusion.

So I am wondering WHY it's another $1,335.75.

At this point, I guess it really doesn't matter. It's needed for Blake to stay healthy.... well, actually I suppose it's needed for him to even LIVE! He was a pretty sick boy. And the fact that after one dose he was feeling better (which I was told by a specialty pharmacist today that it's very rare to feel better after only one or two doses! Praise the Lord that, in THIS case, we're one of the minorities!).

So, I am not complaining. I am so very thankful to all of you out there who have donated at the fundraisers or have stopped by the house or our church to give to Blake's needs. Because of you, we can get this medicine in him instead of waiting for the nasty paperwork to get approved. So, thank you! thank you! thank you!

My cards of thanks and a big Thank You in the local newspapers are coming soon! You have all been so generous. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

And Blake? Feeling very well, thanks for asking. He is a bit tired still, but no pain. Not even a tummy ache. His acne is slowly returning now that he is off the Prednisone, which is unfortunate; but I think we'll try and get another dermatologist appointment and see what can be done.

And that reminds me.... I have not even called our own doctor here in The County to give her an update. Oh, that's TERRIBLE of me! She has been so caring and had asked for updates, and I've neglected to do that. I'm such a numb-skull.

And on THAT note, this numb-skull has to get a child to a youth event in town in the next 20 minutes and we haven't even eaten supper yet........... tick tock, tick tock.

More news and updates soon. Just wanted to give you today's bill payment total! hahaha

Thank you, Father, for the kind community, family, and friends we have; they have made it possible for my boy to be pain free. Bless them Lord, and let them know how much we love them. Amen.

No comments: