Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baby Bird Report

Chatted earlier this evening with my 1st baby bird and after one week of college life, the vote is in and.........

He LOVES it.








I figured he would, but it was still a relief to hear him say it.... or rather, to see him type it.



We just had a live chat online via typing, since I don't have a web cam yet; and when I asked him how he's enjoying things now that he's been there a whole week, he said he's "LOVING IT".



Blake said one of his colleagues cut his hair for him..... kinda scares me because it brings back memories of that whole "Marie" thing! However, THIS time Blake gave his consent and I'm anxious to find out from my sisters, who have web cams, to hear their views on what he looks like.



He seems to be ahead on his assignments already, so that makes me happy. I'm glad he's not leaving things to the last minute, like his Momma always does.



It's really difficult to not be part of his whole life now. From the time our kids are born, we are part of everything they do in school, at church, music lessons, sports, everything! Blake said they had a church service Sunday evening with only the students attending, and he gave his testimony. (Apparently, he jokingly told them he had a contagious disease.... hahhaha... comedian). It's disappointing that I couldn't be there to hear it.



I am always proud to hear and watch our boys perform music and play sports and cut wood and help load freight and master video games and...... you get the idea. So when I can't be there to be a part of it.... it just kinda feels like my balloon has been deflated.



Yes, I know, it's a part of life. It's part of the baby bird leaving the nest. And yes, Momma bird will get used to it.... but it doesn't mean I have to like it.



I guess I'm just happy that things are going well there for him, that he's enjoying the school, the students, the teachers, the staff.....



Now the food? Well, that's another story. Some of the foods, or something used in the foods, seem to be bothering him a little bit. However, there is another student with some food concerns, so he took Blake to meet the Chef to work out a meal plan for Blake. This thrilled me! The Chef simply wants a list of what Blake can and cannot eat and will be able to accommodate Blake's needs. Wahoo!



We are also nearing the date for a Remicade infusion, but we have not received the go-ahead from the government regarding the Section 8. Hopefully we'll receive positive news this week.



Anyways, that's about it for now. Just wanted to share with all of you that Blake is very happy in his new home. Please continue to pray for Blake's health and for the Section 8 approval.



Thank you, Lord, for watching over my baby.

1 comment:

Sophia said...

hey Michelle- glad to hear Blake is doing well!

what a blessing it is that he is able to be off at college isn't it? I am sure he must be thrilled.

I knoooow that my day of having my birds leave the nest are a long way off so it is easier for me to say this right now, but when it is hard to think about him being away from you and having a life without you:
just remember, he is out in the world blessing people because of all those experiences he had with you.

and
he'll be back. :)