Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blake's Health Update 2010/05/16

Holy, Holy, Holy
Lord God Almighty,
Early in the morning
Our song shall rise to Thee....

OK, so I seem to be having a problem with that "early in the morning" thing. I WISH I was a "morning person".... getting up early, eager to greet the day... up before the crack of dawn.... hahhaa....

Yah.... I WISH!!!!

We've been having trouble getting motivated to get out of bed... not just me, but Blake (obviously) and even Jake and Jared too. Jake was always my early riser, having barn chores at 5am just up the road a few clicks. But he's not been doing that lately and seems to have gotten out of the habit of waking early.

I think part of the problem is that we have been staying up later. The key is likely to be in bed by 10pm every night, and then maybe we'd feel like getting up. Blake's reasoning could be the Prednisone, as it keeps you awake; however, I believe the biggest part of his sleeping-in is the genes he inherited from me...... being a night owl... not an early morning rooster!

Anyways, we were up by 9am this morning to enjoy this beautiful sunshine. Blake has headed down to Mt. Tabor with Uncle Graham to rehearse for this afternoon's CD Release Concert for Grampa's Goodtime Gang. Looking forward to the concert, gentlemen!

I don't really have too much to update on Blake's health, other than he's a very skinny-minny and is still quite fatigued. His mind wants to do something, but his body just doesn't cooperate. We are supposed to start the Methotrexate next week; however we did not receive a call for our appointment. When I called down to Hotel Dieu, they knew nothing about it, (Oh brother!), so they put me through to the Specialist's office. The secretary said she has June 9th recorded as his next appointment; but Blake and I are hoping that's just the meeting to check in with the doctor again.... we are supposed to have the appointment next week for just the injection. The secretary called me back and just left a message saying to call her; however, by the time I got her message, she'd left for the day.

I am hoping the appointment is not for Monday or Tuesday mornings this week because we have morning funerals to attend on both of those days. Oh, I'm sure it will all work out. I'm just anxious to get this med into him, as it will take about two months to start to even show signs of being effective.

And the very next opportunity we have, we will be getting that boy's hair cut! I thought he was maybe trying to grow it long again; but I believe it's just a matter of not taking the time to get it trimmed because he hasn't felt well. He can pull his bangs down over the end of his nose. Time to run to the barber, Blake!

I will let you all know how Blake's first dose goes. Please continue to pray for his health. He's one sick little boy. (Oh, I know he's a young man now.... but he's always my little boy.) :o)

Enjoy this wonderful Sunday, folks.

1 comment:

Traci Michele said...

Praying with you! I'm not a morning person either :-)

Thanks for your sweet comment over on my blog!

Yes, it is always harder on the parents when they are that young.

God is good.