Monday, March 30, 2009

Blake Goes To An NHL Game



Free tickets to a National Hockey League Game = Can't go because that's our hockey tournament night! Waaaaaaaaahhh!!!!!!!

The boys' Uncle Brent was given FOUR FREE NHL tickets to a Montreal Canadiens game in Montreal. (Yah, I know, not as exciting as Toronto Maple Leaf tickets.....). Anyways, it's STILL an NHL game so YES the boys would love to go.

Sorry, WHEN is the game??????

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Ain't gonna happen. It's Jake & Jared's hockey finals. Remember from the previous post, we ARE the B Finalists!!!!!!!!!!! [wink, wink]

So, my sister Danielle decides that she and Jackson will go with Brent and leave Abby with my Mom for the evening. "Would Blake like to go?" Dani asks. Blake, who doesn't give two hoots about hockey, or ANY sport for that matter, decides that, yes, he will go. He is the only Montreal Canadiens fan in THIS house.... thank goodness. So, I guess it's fitting that he goes. Here he is in the driveway just before they left.






I couldn't get him to take the glasses to the game.

"But Blake, you might get on TV!!!!!"

Nope, didn't matter...... I guess he thought the ugly Montreal jersey and the stupid Montreal tie and the dorky Montreal hat and the smelly Montreal socks would be enough of an effect.

"I" would've worn the glasses..... but "I" couldn't go!


Guess what? THEY GOT FREE FOOD AND DRINKS.

Free!

FREE!

Yes, I said FREE!

What was up with that???? I've gone to the Air Canada Centre in Toronto to some Gospel Concerts and also to a Lacrosse game and had to pay $4 for just a simple bottle of water! They got everything FREE.... hot dogs, subs, ice cream, drinks, popcorn....... FREE. The only thing not provided for free to the public was beer, and the price of that was $7. hahahah. Guess they were making up for their losses.

Montreal ended up losing the game (no surprise to ME!) but I guess it was quite intense. The four of them had a blast! The excitement was too much for Jackson; apparently he passed out before the end of the game..... too much beer for a four-year-old, I guess. haha.

All kidding aside, I am glad Blake had the opportunity to go to the game. He's been quite the traveller lately..... Brazil (July 2008), New Orleans (March 2009), Montreal (March 2009) and NEXT week he leaves for Newfoundland for ten days with Uncle Brent, Aunt Danielle, Jackson, & Abby. They'll be making a stop in New Brunswick to check out the college that Blake will be attending in September of this year. Quite the little traveller, eh?


Folks, my little boy is growing up.....fast. Where did the time go? Think I did a pretty good job of raisin' him.... with the exception of all that Montreal crap that he's wearing! Other than that, I'm pretty proud of him. I wish he'd take another Victory Lap at high school this year...... I don't want him to go away. Oh well, it will be an excuse for me to take a "road trip". hahahhaa.


Sorry, Blake, I just can't close this post with everyone's thoughts centered around the Montreal Canadiens, so I'm leaving everyone with thoughts of a better team.


Go Leafs Go.

6 comments:

VictoriaD said...

MICHELLE!!!! I'M SHOCKED hahahahahaahahahahaa! Never thought I'd see that finger raised by you or your blog.

BTW, Blake, after seeing those pics, I can see why the kids in N.O. thought you were 35!! Oh my gosh you looked embarrassing man...I'd never be seen in public with you wearing that stuff. Montreal or no.

kkaci said...

Oh Blake ... the outfit ... oh my ... gonna have to pray harder ;-).

Dani said...

Darlene Michelle Fraser Found!!!! I cannot believe you posted that. That's actually not the worst of it!! It was all that potty mouth about the Habs...........hehe. Seriously............you are drivin' the bus.

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

And me? I LOVED the clothes - go BIG or go HOME! If you're going to go all the way to Montreal for a game you might as well get into the spirit and have a BLAST! - cheer, dance, laugh, dress up - why not??!!
Sounds like they did just that -- what a great shared memory! Reminds me of the Red Wings game I saw with two of my brothers and my sister YEARS ago. Ah, good times.

Michelle Found said...

OK EVERYONE....

YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN A TORONTO MAPLE LEAF LOGO ON THIS POST! I DID NOT NOT NOT POST A PICTURE OF A MAN GIVING "THE FINGER". I SWEAR ON A STACK OF BIBLES!

GOOGLE?????? SOMEBODY'S GOT SOME 'XPLAININ' TO DO!!!!!!!!!

kkaci said...

Michelle, it was a Maple Leaf logo for me ... I was on pretty early though (although after Vic? Weird!)