Saturday, July 3, 2010

No More 104

Thought you might like to take a peak at a very skinny young man.




Blake & Carley - June 27, 2010 - KGH - Davies 312
Photo compliments of Carley

'
'
The above photo is of Blake and my niece, Carley.

'
'
It was taken on June 27th, 2010 at Kingston General Hospital. I just had to snap this pic because Blake and Carley are approximately the same weight here.

'
'
Now, if you know Carley, you will know that she is extremely petite. EXTREMELY. I tried to put on a pair of her shorts one day that were laying beside the pool, and I got them just up above my knees. That was it. I actually thought the shorts belonged to one of the five year olds. But nay nay, they were Carley's.

'
'
So Blake was weighed on Sunday, June 27th and was 104 lbs. soaking wet! Basically just the weight of his bones. (Last Fall his lowest weight was 102 lbs. I didn't realize he was almost back to the same low weight!). Carley had mentioned that she normally weighs anywhere from 100 to 102 lbs., so I decided I needed a side-by-side photo.

'
'
I wish he'd let me take a photo of his ribs and upper legs as well. It would be good for him to see it someday...... someday when he's healthy again and back to the proper weight. Right now he doesn't like looking at himself in the mirror because he doesn't recognize himself. He does not like what he sees. You can see how his collar bone protrudes in the above photo. I should've got a picture of his spine..... you can count every vertebrae!

'
'
But here we are, almost a week later, and he has already porked on at least 11.5 lbs. He is feeling great, despite our little scenario with some joint aches at 3:30 this morning and a trip to the Emergency Department! (See post from earlier today.)

His afternoon and evening show him feeling wonderfully. He is so happy to be feeling good again. I wish I could meet the government officials looking after his file. If they could just meet him, they would do what is best for him, I'm sure. It will be nice to have everything finished.... we've been "fighting" for this for almost nine months!

'
'
Anyways, I'm goin' to head to the rec room and "chill" with my boys after I put some laundry away. Just wanted you to see the pic of Blake and Margaret Carley.


'
'

No comments: