Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Conjunction Junction & Interjections!



Yesterday I went to Kingston with my youngest sister and her two children. My four-year-old nephew was commenting on something and said the word "convunction". He said it numerous times because our response was "we don't know what you mean, Jackson." Then my sister and I were exercising our brains thinking, "Is 'convunction' even a word????".



So I immediately thought of a word that rhymes with 'convunction' and was taken on a time warp, back to the 70's....... Conjunction Junction, what's your function?



Ringing any bells for you?



Yes, it's Schoolhouse Rock. Remember those educational "commercials" that were in between The Bugs Bunny Show and Scooby Doo?



Come along with me and take a step back almost four decades ago.









So while I'm on YouTube checking out Schoolhouse Rock's Conjunction Junction, I come across "InterJECtions!" Wow! Cool! [snicker, snicker] Check THIS one out.











Wow! Hokey Dinah! hahahhaa, what a blast from the past!



Those shows sure helped me with my phrases and clauses and my Heys! and my Wows!



Why is it that they didn't have shows like that for helping me keep up with the laundry and the dishes and the sweeping and the closet organizing..........??



.....speaking of which are not getting done because I'm sitting at this computer.....



DARN! Gotta go, folks; BUT I'll be back.... sooner OR later.... AND I'll give you some more nonsense blog posts. HURRAY!


1 comment:

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

I actually own two DVDs of "School House Rocks" - believe it or not. I bought them when I was teaching English to grade nines and tens and thought it would be fun during those last 3-5 minutes of class when kids are quietly packing up and wanting to chat to watch some of the songs and learn/be reminded of some grammar rules.