Friday, June 12, 2009

Mental Note: God Is In Control

On my bathroom countertop sits a little "easel" with 365 notes, one per day. Each note is dated for each day of the year. Some days show Scripture references, some days show a quote, some show a prayer.

Today, I'm just not quite myself and can't put my finger on what's going on inside this beany little cramped-up brain of mine. I just feel..... [sigh].... I don't even have a word.

I had just finished brushing my teeth and glanced at my easel. The hair dryer must've hit it and blown a few pages over because it's showing June 14, and today is only the 12th.

Here's what it says:

Lord, I pick up burdens that I don't need to carry and I am anxious when I forget that You are in control. Thank You that I can lay this load at Your feet, and with Your help I will not be overcome. Amen.

So, to my friend that I "spoke" with this morning who is going through something of her own, I am typing this post, not only for myself but, for you as well.

It's important to remember that we are not going through things alone. And I think one of the biggest things of being a follower of Christ is to be there for one another. Jesus commanded us to love one another.

So.... I'm hanging in there. And to my friend? You hang in there too. And for anyone else reading this post who seems at wits end today, let's all grab onto the following verse and hold on:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. (Prov. 3:5-6)

Chin up!

No comments: