Monday, September 14, 2009

Blake's Health Update 2009/09/14

Hello faithful followers and prayer warriors.
I am dictating this post by phone from the hospital to Wannett (my favourite sister) who will ensure there are no spelling mistakes (ha ha).
Colonoscopy was today.
And the diagnosis is...
(Wannett, drum roll please....)
Crohn's Disease.
Crohn's Disease is a form of Colitis which is an Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
Blake is currently hospitalized at our local hospital and treatments and medicines are already being administered.
(Thank you, Lord, for painkillers, and for my favourite sister, Wannett, who brought me a French Vanilla Capp this morning!)
Doctor B got some great photos of the inflamed intestines. I'd love to share them with you but they don't have a coloured scanner here at the hospital. Sorry :O)
Please continue to keep Blake in your prayers and thank you to the wonderful doctors and nurses, especially today to Doctor J and Doctor R.
Blake will remain in the hospital for a view days.
More details to follow once I get access to a computer.

4 comments:

Sophia said...

thanks Wannett, for your secretarial work, I appreciate the update! :)

Michelle, we will continue to pray for Blake. Andrew and Georgie prayed for him tonight and asked God to "help make his tummy feel better so he can eat again."

I am glad you got a diagnosis and they can begin treating him....

Unknown said...

I know you are relieved to finally have a diagnosis and a treatment plan at hand. Let's all hope and pray a remission is just around the corner for Blake.

Dani said...

Just to let you know, "Oh favourite sister!" that I ALSO took in French Vanilla AND Timbits.

"You" may be the favourite sister, but she ADORES me!.............hehehehehehe

Okay, "This isn't about us, it's all about Blake" (inside joke, folks) anyways, he's gonna be just fine!

Last night at the hospital he called his FAVOURITE AUNT DE a "loser" (I know that this is his term of adoration for me!) he's already crackin' some jokes! Of course he is drugged and won't share with us. Not fair!............haha

So glad that we know what it is now and he get the meds that he needs.

Favourite sister/Aunt--------Danielle :O)

Carol Reed said...

I can't tell you how glad I am that we finally know what has been ailing "our boy"! I am sorry that it is Crohn's - but at least it is treatable. Very happy that they are getting started on treatment and medication to get him back on his feet. We will continue to pray! I don't know what "view" days are (maybe that means they are taking their time looking at all those cool coloured pictures of the inflamed intestine) - but I'm sure Blake will have a short stay in the hospital until they get him regulated. LOL! Hey Blake - you just let me know when you're ready for your apple crumble pie!