Thursday, April 9, 2009

Press On


I LOVE music by Selah.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them.

I was fortunate enough to be able to even MEET them.... in person!.... in Cobourg in August 2003.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

There's something about the tight harmonies when siblings sing together. Selah consisted of siblings Todd Smith and Nicol Smith-Sponberg as well as Allan Hall. Nicol left the group (a year or two ago?) to pursue a career as a soloist, and Amy has stepped into her shoes.

Here is their song "Press On". The words are at the top of my blog (on the photo of the 5-string fiddle). This song has proven to be one that has lifted me up on many occassions.






But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14

Oh that was goooooood music. And goooooood words.

Hey, folks, keep pressin' on.

No comments: