Friday, October 2, 2009

Blake's Health Update 2009/10/02 - URGENT


Hi Friends

Please continue to lift Blake up before the Lord.

It is with tears in my eyes as I type this.... we thought last night we had lost him.

I will give more details later, but Blake became unconscious and we called 9-1-1.

He was probably unconscious, realistically, for about only one minute, but I can tell you that it felt like an eternity. At this point, I'm not even sure if he didn't actually die! I just don't know, and I need to talk to Doctor C about this.

Before the ambulance showed up, we had the South Marysburgh Volunteer Fire & Rescue here. I am grateful for these dear friends of ours for showing up at 3:30 in the morning! More details about these guys later, but I just wanted to mention how much I appreciate them.

The ambulance took us to the hospital where he was monitored and then admitted. He will remain there for at least a few days.

I cannot believe how quickly his health changed from "coming along pretty darn good" to "BLAKE! ANSWER ME! BLAKE! BLAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I have just come home to gather a few things and am heading back soon. I'll likely spend tonight with him and will try and update this blog by tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Thank you, everyone, for your concerns. Please pray for the Lord to give the doctors the wisdom in how to treat my baby. Please pray for Blake's health to improve; for the bleeding to stop; for the ulcers to heal; for him to gain weight.....

I know there's a reason for all of this.... I am trying to trust the Lord.....

But I don't EVER want to see that "death look" on one of my children again. EVER!

God bless, and I'll write again as soon as I can.

No comments: