Monday, October 26, 2009

There's A Mouse In The House!





We have one new member to add to our family......








..... at least I HOPE it's only one!








Mr. Mouse made his appearance downstairs tonight in our rec-room. Jon, Jake, and Jared were down there and I was visiting in the kitchen with a friend, Carol (Hi Carol!). All of a sudden, Jon announced that there was a mouse in the basement.








Didn't take Jon long to march right back up the stairs. hahahaha.








He stood on the stairs chatting with Carol and me.... I think he was waiting for Jake and Jared to catch the mouse before he went back down.








Jon is absolutely TERRIFIED..... and I mean TERRIFIED of mice. He would take on a big ol' bear before he'd take on an eeentsy-weeeentsy tiny little mousey. He won't even take a dead mouse out of the trap! He'll just throw the whole thing away... trap and all!!!!








Biiiiiig oooooool' Jonnyyyyyyyyy..... 'fraid of a little critter.








Well, BLAKE is the one who should be terrified of mice!








Years ago we were overtaken by mice in the house. I think we caught up to fourteen altogether that Spring. I don't mind if they stay in the basement, but when they come up on the main level.... it just 'bothers' me a bit. I figure Katarina would be happy to catch them, but it depends what kind of mood she's in... and she's one moody kitty-cat!








Anyways, I woke up one night to find the office light on and Blake is standing in the doorway with my running shoe in his hand. I said, "WHAT are you DOING?"








He said, "A MOUSE JUST RAN UP MY LEG UNDER MY PAJAMAS WHILE I WAS SLEEPING!"








Freeeeeeaked meeeeeeee ooooooout!!!!!!








Downstairs is ONE thing....








Main level is ANOTHER.......








IN BED WITH ANY ONE OF US IS A COMPLETELY WHOLE OTHER STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








So, BLAKE should be the one that's afraid.








Nay-nay.... it's big ol' Jonny-Boy.








One time, Blake thought he'd fool his Dad. We usually put the dead mouse in a plastic grocery bag, then toss the bag in the big green garbage bag in the woodhouse.
'
'
'
'
One time, Blake grabbed an empty grocery bag and tossed in a little toy car and tied a knot in the bag. Jon had been soaking in the tub listening to us chase down this one little mouse and, by hearing our screams cheers, he knew we had caught and killed it. Well Blake tossed in that bag which contained the toy car into the bathtub with Jon, and I am telling you.... as I live and breathe!.... I have NEVER NEVER NEVER laughed so hard in my lifetime!!!!!!!
'
'
'
'
Jon jumped up in that tub and started splashing us with water from the tub! The whole bathroom wall, vanity, mirror, lights, ceiling, floor..... EVERYTHING was covered in water. He stood naked in the tub just PETRIFIED that we had thrown that "mouse" at him.
'
'
'
'
He was NOT impressed that it was a joke. But I can still recall Blake laughing his little heart out. Oh what a memory! hahahahahahaha
'
'
'
'
Needless to say, we don't play tricks like that on Jon now.... he's too old and overweight... he might have a heart attack, and one sick person in the house is about all I can deal with right now. hahaha.
'
'
'
'
So, back to tonight's episode, I could hear Jake and Jared down there trying to chase Mr. Mouse, then I heard Jake cuss (tsk-tsk Jakey... no swearing!) and Mr. Mouse got away. He escaped into the woodhouse, which is probably where he came from in the first place.








Jonathon.... might I kindly recommend you finding some type of something-or-other to put at the bottom of the woodhouse door so that no mice or snakes or other creepy crawlies come into my home???








Jon was sleeping on the couch last night when we returned from Jake's hockey game.... I wonder how many times Mr. Mouse crawled across Jon's body without Jon even knowing. hahahahahahahah...... yucka!








And how completely frightening for the little mouse! Sometimes Jon sleeping on the couch in just his underwear is NOT a pretty picture!!!!! Bet the mouse took one look and ran the other way! hahahhaahhaa








Sorry Jon.








Not really, but I'm trying to make it sound nice for all these nice readers who pop in for their Blake updates!








Speaking of which...... it was so nice to talk to many of you at yesterday's fundraiser for Blake. Nice to know so many of you are following along on our little roller coaster ride.








I will have more to say about the fundraiser, but am trying to find just the right words, and honestly, no words are able to express how overwhelmed we were with everyone's compassion! The grand total that was raised was even MORE than what was announced at the hall! More gifts of money came in! And today there were oodles of phone calls from folks who said they hadn't even heard about it and yet still wanted to give.








I will give more details in another post; I just wanted to collect my thoughts a little better, and today has been one crazy day. I haven't stopped, yet nothing has got accomplished except getting some dishes washed and dried and a trip to the bank, the grocery store, and to the car parts store...... if I have to buy ONE MORE IGNITION COIL FOR THAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!








Anyways, I'm going downstairs now to spend some time with the boys and Jon and Mr. Mouse. Blake is still visiting my Mom & Dad. He's doing well, but extremely tired today after yesterday's fundraiser. He, too, was in awe at everyone's kindness.








Look for a fundraiser update in the next day or two.








OK, off to spend time with the gang before beddy-bye. Take care, everyone.

No comments: